The Dentists’ Health Support Trust is a registered charity and runs the Dentists’ Health Support Programme (DHSP).
Are you a dentist concerned about yourself or a colleague? Please contact the DHSP or use the details below.
The DHSP can be accessed by telephone +44 207 224 4671 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The programme is live from 07.30am to 10.30pm daily. Over night enquiries are dealt with by 9am the following morning, including weekends.
What is the Dentists’ Health Support Programme?
DHSP offers dentists in difficulty an opportunity to remedy their problems. More information can be found on the DHSP website, including information about how you can donate to support the work of the Dentists’ Health Support Trust.
- is governed by dentists
- is delivered by 2 Coordinators with special expertise in dealing with addiction, mental illness and fitness to practise concerns affecting dentists
- facilitates intervention, diagnosis, treatment, support, rehabilitation, recovery and reintegration
- provides a fast response which can lead to early detailed discussion of professional and personal concerns, in confidence
- is committed to providing pertinent support through engagement, understanding, continuing involvement and on-going case management
- is subject to confidential clinical audit
The Coordinators are engaged in mentoring, supervision and continuing professional development. They have an annual appraisal, which is linked to General Dental Council Standards.